Instructional Design and Authoring

As part of my instructional design module I am working with a small group to develop an E-learning resource. My group was made up of Robert Tully and Siobhan Kirwan and myself.

It was an incredibly informative experience working on this project. I had limited knowledge of dyslexia or the issues it led to from a user perspective or from an instructional design perspective prior to this and have been able to use some of what we learned in my professional practice by adding the Open Dyslexic chrome plug-in to all iScoil computers.

We have decided on developing a resource aimed at helping educators to become more aware of the issues faced by dyslexic learners and also to provide them with skills and techniques to improve their teaching practice.

This resource is called Dyslexicon. Below is an early blueprint mapping out how the resource will look and work.

blue print of dyslexicon

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s